Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to You - Two!

Happy Birthday today to 2 of my favorite people!
Ryder & My Grandma Pettey "Grandma Nana" share the same birthday.


October is a busy month for b-days around here. LOTS of family and friends in October.
Here are just 2 of the October birthday kids. They are 3 and 84! Can you tell which is which?

Yes, that is my daughter in BOY jammies! Sorry Macey.

I just LOVE my Grandma! And my kids do too. I grew up across the street from her and still wish I could just run over anytime to see her. It is harder now with carpools and naptimes to get in a visit.


Ryder had a little "Barnyard Birthday Party" last week with his neighbor friends. (Which was fine until the day of his party - then he wanted a "Bad Guy Party". Whoops, too late.) They ate pigs in a blanket. We read some farm books, played "stick the nose on the bunny", opened presents, had a treasure (candy) hunt and ate cupcakes. I was able to take some pictures while managing 5, 3 yr olds, Bode who was home sick (but wanted to participate in the party) and Macey who ultimately rolled down the stairs to my patio - I caught her head just before it hit the bricks. (She was completely unharmed.)


How do they manage on John & Kate plus 8? I have no idea! "Destiny plus 7" was almost a complete disaster! Luckily they are only 3 years old and are still easily impressed by candy.


I wish I had more pics of the kids all together. They are so cute! 4 of them go to preschool together and Olivia just moved away to California. I might cry just typing about it. (We already miss you guys Jess!)

Here are a few pics of the "wild animals" at the party:



Ryder's friend Olivia. (below)

Ryder's Cake & Invitations

Perfect Presents! He was thrilled!!!




4 comments:

Amy @MoMomma said...

I just LOVE your blogs Destiny! Can you please please post more? It makes me feel like I'm not the only other mommy out there that starts projects, etc. Love ya- Chase & Amy plus one (just barely keepin' it together- lol)

Lisa P. said...

Ok that is so cute of your little girl in boys jammies. That will totally be my little girl if I have 1 one day. I just have too many boy pjs:) I too like your posts and feel like your actually human. Sometimes I feel so lost and can't accomplish everything I want to. It's nice to know I'm not the only one out there:)

Jessica & K.C. said...

So dang cute! We miss you too! Only you could handle that many kids at one time...you are a fountain of patience! Just remember, its John & Kate...not just Destiny:)

Stacy and Justin said...

I love that birthday cake!

Halloween 2008