Monday, October 13, 2008

WHO iS ThaT???

So got a WiLd HaIR! Literally... and went brown! Dark brown!

I have always wanted to play with my hair color and I finally dared after a year of consideration. What was funny was my eyebrows! They are so blonde that you couldn't even see them so I had to have them dyed too. I looked pretty scary before she washed the dye off. I had black hair and huge black eyebrows painted on my face! At that point I was nervous, but it turned out O.K.

When the kids came home and saw me they said...
London: "What did you do to your hair?!?!?"
Bode: "You have Darth Vader hair!"
Ryder: It didn't phase him at all.
Macey: She just looked at my strangely at first. It took a minute for her to recognize me. I am sure my voice helped her figure it out.
... & Carter thinks I look like Cleopatra! I guess I have an instant Halloween costume, how convenient!

It has lightened up a bit so it's not as blackish as it was day one. But I think I like it for a change.

My Grandparents, who are coming home from a mission in a week, may not even recognize me.
Once when I was about 8, I went to California for the summer. I had long, long blonde hair when I left and I cut it to my shoulders while I was gone. (Needless to say my mom wasn't very happy.) My Grandma Gunn had planned to take some of us (grand kids) to see the play "Annie". But when I showed up to my Grandma's house with my cousin April, my grandma looked at me and said "I'm sorry April but I didn't get a ticket for your friend." I yelled "Grandma! It's ME!!!"
My poor Grandma - I will never let her live that one down. I definitely need to warn her about my hair before I show up to her welcome home party.
I don't know that I will stay a brunette forever, we'll see. For now it's fun seeing how the "other side" lives.

6 comments:

Julie said...

I love it! It makes your eyes POP! They are beautiful! Did you cut is again since I saw you on Thursday? It looks shorter! Anyway, I love it.

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

It looks good, I think you can pull of brown and blonde...a lot of people can't do that. Enjoy the change.

Michelle Baird Designs said...

I think you look FABULOUS!

Pieces of April said...

I think you really better warn Grandma about the hair! I will not be there to tell her it really is you! I love the color! It is so you! Of course you would look good in any color!
April

Jessica & K.C. said...

The bottom line is YOU LOOK HOT! Not everyone can look hot Blonde and Dark brown...come on!

Erynn Marie said...

Wow, totally different, but gorgeous. Good choice!

Halloween 2008