Thursday, March 19, 2009

Weird Eats!

She Lika Da Spice!
Macey loves Vlassic Zesty Bread & Butter Pickles! My new addiction, they are crunchy and spicy. I have been known to eat a whole jar over a few (ok, 2) days time. I got Carter hooked on them and now Macey is following suit. She kept asking for more and ended up eating 4-5 the other day. She loved them. She is a good eater, she always wants whatever we are eating. Good girl, maybe I finally got one of those kids who eats anything.


St. Patty's Day Dinner
Well, I should have taken a picture, this post would be much more interesting But needless to say our meal was GREEN! It was good though, not too weird or too gross green.

This was the menu:
Green and White Tortellini with homemade Alfredo Sauce, which was left white but had lots of green specs of seasonings in it.
Green Peas - safe choice. Everyone here eats them.
Green Lime Jello fluff salad - which was gross, I will stick to the red and orange flavors.
Green homemade breadsticks - were yummy but still looked weird green.
Green frosted sugar cookies (store bought) and mint Oreos for dessert!

My Birthday/Sunday Dinner:
I made one of my favorite meals, French Dip Sandwiches, Mash Potatoes & my favorite green salad and some sort of vegetable - can't remember what.
This is so easy, made in the crock pot, and delicious too. Here's the recipe:

  • Roast (Costco has the best)
  • 1 can Golden Mushroom Soup
  • 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • 1 can Beef Broth
  • 2 Tbsp dried onion
  • 2-3 Tbsp Beef Gravy Mix
  • Serve on Toasted Rolls with PepperJack or Swiss Cheese, Melted and a side of dipping sauce. Dipping sauce doubles as gravy for potatoes.
Anyway... we were eating dinner and Bode - who is my picky eater - yells out...
"This Gravy is Damn Good!"
I thought to myself - "he didn't just say that", then I said "What did you say?" After he repeated himself I could hardly keep from laughing long enough to explain that damn was a 'bad word'. I don't think he even knew that it was. That means 1 of 2 things - either he doesn't hear that word enough to know what it means or he hears it so often he thinks nothing of it. Yikes! I still don't know the answer to that one. I hope it is #1. Bode is so picky & consequently, skinny. I am just happy when he likes any food that is remotely healthy or even fattening. We had a good laugh but I do highly recommend the gravy!

Bode
London's Birthday Cake
London had a birthday in February and being sensitive to his friend's food allergies, he requested glazed donuts instead of a birthday cake. That was fine with me - EASY! But of course I had to drive to 2 stores to find the best Krispy Kreme Donuts. This was his "cake".

So we sing Happy Birthday and suddenly all the boys start calling dibbs on the ONE pink sprinkled donut. I say "No, that one is for London" and before we know it - well, see for yourself... (Hit pause on the music list to the right first so you can hear the audio in the video.)



Little Ryder (3) didn't let those 9 yr. olds intimidate him one bit. That boy knows what he wants and he goes for it. He has a future I tell ya! (As long as he doesn't end up in jail for beating someone up to get his way. We will work on that.) Life lesson - If you want it, Go get it! Way to go Ryder!

Macey's new treat!
Macey is a bottomless pit when it comes to snacking. She loves to walk around with a snack. Usually crackers or toast works best but only when the dog is not around to steal it from her. She was wandering the other day and I watched her... bend down and dip her cracker into the dog's water dish and ummmmm... take a Big Bite! Ooohhh, disgusting, I know! Apparently, this girl will eat just about anything. Be careful what you wish for mom.

3 comments:

Mollie Sekikawa said...

So cute! I know all about the dog dish... the second I put AJ down, he b-lines for the dog food. Only twice has he made it in his mouth. I thought "It'll only take once" but no... he goes there EVERY time! SO, a little dog-water-on-the-cracker treat... a-ok! These updates are so cute. It's so great to see what you're family is up to! Can't wait to see you!
-Mollie

Family Facts said...

Destiny,
Thanks for the update on the family. It is great to hear about everyone and see great pics and video footage. Hope all is well with everyone! Give everyone a big Texas Hello from the "Texas cousins" and Uncle Tony and Aunt Monique

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Macey is so stinkin cute! I want to share a piece of toast with her...yum! I love the video or Ryder. I would expect nothing less from the third boy. My third is sweet, but can totally hold his own. He does not let his older brothers push him around.

Halloween 2008