Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Just Don't Think It's Funny!

I just don't think it's funny that...

  • My kids need to take a sick day their 2nd day back on track. (Don't they know mom needs a break?)
  • Macey's cute multi-colored Gymboree sock, I have been looking for, appeared in the dogs poop.
  • I guess we will be purchasing that rented DVD since I can't find the case - anywhere!
  • The phrase "Get Your Hand Out of Your Pants" is heard on a regular basis in our home.
  • Ryder laughed so hard in the tub & swallowed so much water that he threw up his dinner - in the tub. (Although clean-up was a breeze!)
  • I stepped in poop today... in my house... and it wasn't the dogs.
  • My kids ignore me (at least) the first 12 times I tell them to do something. Is this normal??
  • A small Wendy's Frosty has 320 calories. (And the Strawberry and Vanilla have even more!)
  • Ryder begs me to stop and tell a police officer that he has unbuckled his seat belt - again - so I will get "in trouble".
  • My kids now have to raise their hand before they speak to me at mealtime. Oh and they are not allowed to speak to each other, only me.
  • Punishment by grounding is only punishment for the parent.
  • You can always tell what Bode ate for lunch by looking at his shirt.
  • Ryder tried to gel his hair, and the counter, and the floor - with half of the bottle.
  • Another pair of London's pants have ripped a big hole while playing with the dog.
  • This white flour all over the kitchen (and Ryder) smells just like... baby powder!
  • Kids just cannot resist a neatly stacked pile of clean folded clothes. Ever!
  • Learning to master bread making means baking and eating A LOT of bread, rolls, breadsticks, cinnamon bread, etc. Too bad they aren't always good enough to give to the neighbors.
  • Macey hides whatever choking hazard you try to take from her, small toys, legos, caps to chapstick, etc. in her mouth.
  • My unsupervised, wandering 3 yr. old is the first one to meet our new neighbors.
  • You can lock them in their room but you can't keep them from destroying it.
  • And... I just don't think it's funny that this was just an average day around here. Yes, this all happened today.
I wonder what tomorrow will bring. Hopefully a laugh at yesterday.

10 comments:

Erika Anderson said...

I am crying right now...that was so funny....and seems like a day in the life of a mother! VERY funny!

Julie said...

Haven't you layed down a "No pooping in the hall" rule for Carter? Eww! That is pretty nasty! But something I'm sure happens quite a bit to many people! Those kids just hate keeping on the poopy diapers! Ahhh...that was fun fun fun to read! Glad to know other moms go through stuff like that! And yes, I DO THINK IT IS VERY FUNNY!!!....as long as it doesn't happen to me!!

Erynn Marie said...

I thought it was VERY funny. And I'm looking forward to my turn. :)

Michelle Baird Designs said...

A day in the life at my house too. I'm so glad it's not just me. I love the one about pulling over so the police can take you to jail. My kids always tell me they want me to go to jail. Sad. And I am so going to do the hand raising at the dinner table. Great idea! But even after a day like this, don't you just love them at the end of the day.

Sticks and Stones said...

I can't believe I left out the obvious - "Get Your Hand Out of Your Pants!" Had to add that one in later. Thanks for all your sympathy and laughs, someday I'll join you in the laughing part. Until then, I'll just laugh at the CrAzY things YOUR kids do! :)

Amy @MoMomma said...

Awe Destiny- I can't believe all of that happened in one day! And, I'll admit that I have tears from laughing- mostly because I know all of this is coming my way someday very soon! Love ya!! :) Amy

Lisa P. said...

ok that was hilarious (for Paul and I). I don't have to deal with all of that quite yet. The laundry thing is totally Hudson. Also the poop on the floor not being the dog. too funny. thanks for sharing a day in the life of a great mother.

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I am laughing only because I can totally relate. Hang in there my friend! I wish we lived closer to each other...we could let the boys go crazy together.

The Turley Family said...

Oh Destiny I think I'll stop at two! You had me cracking up. It is easy to laugh when all of that didn't happen to you in one day. I hope you have a better day today!!

Jessica & K.C. said...

That was hilarious! I was totally visualizing all of it...that little Ryder...he is too much! I love it! Sounds like it may be time for a girls weekend!

Halloween 2008