Wow! June has flown by! I can't believe it is July.
June was crazy with Baseball Practice, Baseball Pool Parties, Swimming Lessons, Father's Day, Baseball Games, Carter's Birthday and Carter's 20 YEAR High School Reunion. Wow, we are old! Well, he is anyway. My 20 isn't for 4 more years! (Neener, neener.)
Carter is coaching London's team, the PeeWee All Stars, and they are practicing or playing almost everyday. We had a pre-tournament and now are in the District tournament. Our team has done awesome! We have dominated our 2 games in the District Tournament. London had a lead off HOME RUN on Carter's Birthday! Carter said that was the best present anyone could ever give him, so that took the pressure off of me to come up with some great thoughtful gift for him. Actually, they were all out of his gift when I went to get it after the game, so still no gift from me - sorry, I haven't forgotten. It's coming. (Good thing he doesn't care about stuff like that.) The next day, London had 2 DOUBLES in one inning. I love seeing him hit the ball far! That is fun for a mom! Carter is doing an awesome job of coaching. I think the kids improve every game and they try hard to be better baseball players. They are a good little team. London has improved SO much this year. We hope to get into the State Tournament and to get a good seed. We'll find out tomorrow.
London is 3rd from Left on Front Row. Carter is the Middle on the Back Row.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch... I have been sort-of a single mom while Carter is gone at Baseball (meetings, practice, games), work, Young Men's, Running the Wasatch Back, and did I say... Baseball? I have paid over $300 the last 2 weeks for babysitters - just to get errands & housework done and go to games without dragging the brood along. I think that is considered a nanny at that point. So why am I so exhausted??? (Maybe because I stay up all night blogging??? duh!) I am ready for a Girl's Night Out and a long mid-day nap! Now THAT is worth $300.
Carter ran in the Wasatch Back Relay (RAGNAR) this year and - to no surprise - he was hard core and ran like an animal on all his "legs" of the race. Even the one at 4:00 a.m. It sounded like his team of guys had a lot of fun. He came home exhausted and with blisters the diameter of tennis balls on his heels. He said "I have blisters on my heels", I said "No, Your heels ARE blisters!" I got to play doctor and bandage them up but couldn't handle sticking a needle in his foot to pop them, he had to do that himself. Too bad he isn't as flexible as Bode, that would have made it a lot easier for him. Then his calves were so sore from walking on his toes (to favor his heels) and from, of course, running the 15ish miles, that he was pretty much out of commission even when he was home.
I did convince him to take a hot bath... the kids thought it was hilarious to see Dad in the tub and piled bubbles all over his head & face.
He's gonna love me for this...
-Removed pic of Carter-
I am glad he is back to full function again. Maybe he will actually use the massage gift certificate I got him for Father's Day and get some real relaxation. I better remind him about that (or I might use it myself)!
Finally, the much anticipated Orem High Class of '88 Reunion was Saturday night. We made a pit stop at a friends house to quickly get ready after the Baseball game. (Not ideal, but at least we had 40 minutes to clean up after sweating at a game in 100* weather.) The Reunion was "fun". Well, it was fun for Carter and not miserable for me. There are a lot of accomplished people in his class and Wade did a great job as MC for the night. They did an awesome tribute to those who have served in the armed forces, they had a classmate die in Afganistan recently, I was tearing up during that part. Carter had to (got to) get on stage and tell his story about how he had to spend a night in jail. (It's funny - if you haven't heard it, you need to.) And they showed the clip of him in Independence Day. I had pretty low expectations and just planned to sit alone while he chatted and caught up with old friends - as he should. I offered to take pics of him with his buddies, but he's a guy and doesn't care about that stuff. Thus, no pictures of the event posted here. (He's so not scrapbook minded.) I joined a table of "the lonely wives club" and we had plenty to talk about until the guys were ready to leave well after midnight. So I survived just fine. It made me think about my reunion (which is 4 years away - remember) and how bored Carter will be. I am totally thinking my friends and I should go "stag" and make it a girls' sleepover night. Now THAT sounds fun! (Jess?, GiGi?, Misty? Are you in?) I know, slow down, Dest, it IS 4 years away. I already know, I will not dress "formal" and I will take lots of pictures. Can't wait!
So June was great! "Time flies when you are having fun!" That means July will be over in a snap because we are gonna have a blast! Tony & Monique get here tomorrow, my kids can hardly wait to see their cousins - and I am excited too.












1 comments:
Hey Guys...first off, Carter, Wasatch Back? You're insane. I had some girl friends in that and asked my to join, and I said a big "HECK NO!". I'm impressed. Also, Destiny, I am one of the many people you met the night of the reunion, and I went w/ my girlfriend and it was AWESOME! No offense to my dear hubby, but not once did we have to look back and make sure they were "ok". They did the 10 year, put names to faces, and that was good enough. Now if only we would have been smart and made a weekend out of it...the hotel room is a killer idea! Maybe me and my friends will be smart enough to remember that at our 30 year (plus we'll almost get the senior discount, ugh). What a darling family you have!
Post a Comment