Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Not Baseball Stuff...

We do have other things going on in our lives besides "Baseball". I better acknowledge the other kids now. They will want to see their pictures on our blog too.


Macey found her tongue! 6 Months...

There is just nothing sweeter than a baby girl! Is it the girl thing, last baby or just that she is the current baby? I don't know, but I could eat her up! I am so in love with that baby, I can hardly stand it! The lighting is bad in this pic, actually, I had the camera on the wrong setting, but her tongue is a crack up.

I am finally starting to accept that she is getting older (as much as I want her to stay little, she just won't!) She is close to sitting up. I am trying to get her more floor time when Ryder is not around to jump over her. She is rolling over constantly on the floor and is finally sleeping in her crib! YAY!!!

Ryder is growing up!
This kid is talking up a storm and his imaginary play has taken off. I love to watch him play with toys. He loves to crash things and make lots of sound effects. He is getting better at staying by me and obeying a little when we go out. This is a big accomplishment. He still has NO interest in potty training, but that is fine with me. I have NO interest in doing that now either.

He has figured out how to remove the lock on the gate and escape the backyard so I need a new system. I am testing the Bungie Cord Method on the gate now. So far, so good.

He LOVES KungFu Panda! He knows all the characters and will eat any food that has KungFu Panda on the label. Now is a good time to introduce him to Panda Express, I bet he would eat anything there just because there is a Panda on it.

Bode is an amazing swimmer!
Who is this kid in the pool? My Bode can SWIM! He showed up for swimming lessons and was a fish! I had no idea - he really learned to swim this year. He also learned to float in a life jacket. Sounds weird but we have been trying to get him to do this for years, just to prepare for trips to Lake Powell.

I took all the kids to the pool last week (by myself) - yes, the idea scared me but they were so good! Bode generally stays by the edge and swims there, but he was on a noodle in the middle of the pool and fell off of it. He started swimming for the side and I jumped in after him. Boy, did I hear it from him... "Mom, I can swim, you didn't need to save me!" He was right, he was doing fine, but I wanted to be there just in case. Can you say Paranoid Mom????

London - 2nd Grade... DONE!
London is officially done with 2nd grade. He was so shocked when I checked him out early on Monday for his friends birthday party. He said, "Mom, you checked me out for a birthday party?" As if I did something really naughty! I figured it was the 2nd to last day of school. What will he miss? A movie? More candy? It turns out, cleaning his tote tray and desk. No big. We have to check him out early tomorrow too, for his baseball game. Then yay! Summer! No more homework! Sleeping in baby! I know he will, I wish I could.

Carter had a Birthday!
WOW! 38, That is way close to 40! I guess as our kids get older, we do too. That isn't very fair. Well, Carter, Happy Birthday. You are such a great husband and dad. I know I seem like I gripe a lot but I am so grateful for you and for all that you do for us. You are the hardest worker I know and I admire that about you so much. I am so glad our children are learning this, and much more, by watching you. I am so blessed to have you for a husband. I am so grateful for your trust, your wisdom and your unwaivering values. Of course, I love you, but I mostly want to say "Thank you"! Happy 38th Birthday!

3 comments:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Cute little Macey!

Julie said...

Oh my heck! That Macey is adorable!! I think you should be going ga ga over her every day! she is so dang cute. And she has just enough of her own little look but looks so much like her cute brothers.

Michelle Baird Designs said...

O.K., I am dumb. I check your blog every other day and I always see that jib jab thing at the top and think you haven't made any new posts. I guess if I just scroll down a bit I will see what is happening in your life! You are busy! Macey is too die for! And Happy late Birthday Carter!

Halloween 2008