Monday, June 2, 2008

May, May, Go Away!

Whew! Am I glad to see the month of May over!

This wouldn't be a true blog if I didn't gripe a little right?

Well, May started out rough with having to put "down" our old friend Bosco. Even reading my own blog depressed me. I cried every time I read it. So, WHY did I keep reading my own blog over & over? I wrote it after all, it wasn't like I didn't know what it said. But I kept reading it and it made me cry every time. Then my kids saw it and they would cry. So I realized I needed a timely "blog break".

Grandpa Stan came to visit us and went to the boys games. They loved that!
We went to Houston and had a great vacation there with family. This was by far the best part of the month.
Then... we came home.

Oh boy! That is when it all hit the fan - or the carpet I should say!

On top of the regular church obligations, Mother's Day fan fare and baseball & soccer games 4 nights a week... London came down with the stomach flu. At what age do they instinctively throw-up in the toilet? Aarrggg!

Then, TWO of my kids got LICE. Yes, lice. I felt like a 'mad scientist' collecting specimens to examine under London's microscope. I had to see it to belive it. I only thought that lice existed in homeless shelters and inner-city schools. Sorry, but no. That turned my world on end with endless laundry, lice treatments, constant checking for bugs everywhere and making the dreaded phone calls to warn people they have been "exposed". Thank goodness only 2 of our kids got it and we got rid of it quickly.

A week later Ryder got the stomach flu bug and Macey an ear infection.

Of course this isn't all that happened this month but it was enough to about make me lose my mind. I must also mention some good, that London's Baseball Team (coached by Carter) took the League Championship. That was cool. Which means more tournaments ahead. That's o.k. because I love baseball too.

Go Yankees!
(London is the 2nd from the right on the back row.)

And Bode is officially done with Preschool! He had his end-of-year program and it was fabulous. He went to the greatest preschool. What a blessing it has been to have him go there. I am a little sad to see it end, Luckily they have a class for Ryder next year.


So... Welcome June, Welcome Summer and Good Riddens to May 2008!

2 comments:

Michelle Baird Designs said...

You had a rough month which means June, July, and August will be AWESOME. Congrats London and Carter on the great baseball season.

Sarah said...

Destiny- I love the jib jab movie of your boys! SO CUTE! Sorry about your tough time in May- but very cute picture of Bode in the program!!!

Halloween 2008