I have for many years wished I had a sister. Never really growing up, but now that I am a mom and a grown-up myself, I almost daily wish I had one.
Now, I must tell you that I do have an amazing sister-in-law. Which totally counts as a sister. BUT she lives in Texas and, well, that is kind-of a deal breaker. So while I love my sister-in-law, especially when they are here to visit, I am still in need of someone to fill this full-time position.
WANTED:
Sister for Hire
Sister for Hire
Job Description:
This "sister" must be willing to:Trade babysitting (especially during a much needed couples vacation), have "cousin" sleepovers, attend a sister's night or day out, host and attend regular family get-togethers, dog sit, call me when she sees a good bargain at the mall, vacation with me (with or without families), listen to me vent but uplift and encourage me at the same time.
Qualifications:
Must live within 20 minutes of me. Must have kids - any age is ok. Must have somewhat similar interests as me and be sort-of fun to be around. (Do I sound really desperate???)
Must live within 20 minutes of me. Must have kids - any age is ok. Must have somewhat similar interests as me and be sort-of fun to be around. (Do I sound really desperate???)
Compensation & Benefits:
You get what you give. I will totally reciprocate any and all of the items listed in the "Job Description" above.
Applications are currently being accepted,
at least until I can convince my sister-in-law to move closer to me.
You get what you give. I will totally reciprocate any and all of the items listed in the "Job Description" above.
Applications are currently being accepted,
at least until I can convince my sister-in-law to move closer to me.












9 comments:
I was dusting off my resume when I saw that 20 min. away qualification, darn! Well, good luck! I really like my sister and she's pretty close to you, so, maybe hit her up!
Um, not to brag, but I am a professional sister! I have 4!!....and we are always accepting new sisters into my family! Seriously! I actually have 2 other sisters....one is my cousin, Suz who now is considered one of my sisters and then other is Kate, a good friend of my sister, Heathers, with no family! We have adopted both of them! I would love to adopt you as well! As long as you promise I get to take care of that adorable new puppy!!
Sisters really are the greatest!
Love ya!
I too was about to fill out an application until I saw that 20 min away qualification - Darn it all! Maybe we could meet in the middle somewhere? Let me know if you expand your boundaries and I'll send my resume :)
I wish I lived closer!
Yes, after much deliberation (like 1 minute) I decided I really must expand my boundaries. I will technically accept you as a sister even if you are outside the 20 min. zone. Especially if you are in need as much as I!
I know how you feel about wanting a sister. If I were there I do all the requirements of a sister, including watching your kids so you can get away with Carter on a trip to Europe.
Let me know what you are thinking about your blog, I'm ready when you are.
Uh, well, you can have a free vacation to California and I can meet all the requirements while you are here:) Oh, we miss you!!
I have four sisters but they are all far away. I wish one of them would move close by.
If you come visit Colorado I would be happy to watch your kids so you and Carter can have a get away. Seriously. :) We live less than an hour from Estes Park.
how about a cousin:) I would love to help you out whenever you need. we'll definitely have to go to a free movie to get you out of the house. seriously if you ever need help with your kids just holler. I have a flexible work schedule if you need a couple hours in the daytime or at night:)
Post a Comment