Sunday, April 20, 2008

RYDER... You're IT!


Ryder got "tagged" by his friend Olivia (& Jessica). Since I am new to this blogging thing, she had to explain to me how it works. This means I get to post 10 things we love about Ryder and then tag others. It is a fun way learn more about our friends. So watch out... you may be next!
Well, first let me clarify...these 10 things I may not LOVE now, but they let me know Ryder is a one of a kind boy and I will LOVE laughing about them later!
1. Ryder is a Tough Guy.
At 2 1/2 years old, he will wrestle with his brothers and is usually the last one to cry. He can definitely hold his own against Bode (5) & London (8). He will fall down in the street and just get up and keep on runnin'! No tears.
2. He is a Runner!
He must have those marathon genes like his dad. That kid is like Forest Gump when I say "stop" or "come back". I am often chasing after him while holding Macey like a football. Now you know why I have child-proof door knobs everywhere.
3. He's a Smart Cookie!
Well, "child-proof" doesn't necessarily mean "Ryder-proof". That kid is constantly climbing on the counter, into the medicine cabinet (scary!), or ecaping out of the house. He keeps me very busy. He kept ripping the door knob covers off of the door knobs so he could open the door. So we finally put tape around them and now they are "Ryder-proof". He even has one on the inside of his bedroom to keep him IN. About 1 year ago, one night (about 3 a.m.) Carter found him down in the kitchen, in the dark, eating a popcicle in the kitchen. Just helped himself. So now, we lock him in for his own safety.
4. He's... Creative???
One day I was so tired and I dosed off on the couch while the boys were watching t.v. Soon I felt something cold on my nose. I opened my eyes to see Ryder with TWO pairs of scissors (yes, BIG ones) and he was tapping my nose with the cold metal of the scissors. What a way to wake up! He may be writing horror stories someday. (And obviously, no more naps for mom.)
5. He's Funny!
Ryder's new thing is telling knock-knock jokes. The only problems are: he tries to tell jokes that Bode made up (big problem) and he doesn't exactly tell them right. But it is cute that he is trying. He says, "knock-knock". I say "whose there?" He says "banana who?" I say "You're just supposed to say 'banana' ". Then he says "aren't you glad I didn't say banana?" Maybe he knows what he's doing, because it is actually funnier his way.
6. He Likes Everyone!
When ever someone leaves our house he begs "a go too?" He tries to climb into Bode's carpool sometimes. This kid is ready to go! Somewhere, Anywhere! (Sounds like Bosco.) He especailly LOVES his Mimi, Granny, Sherri (my friend & neighbor) and Jessica (friend & neighbor). They all give him lots of loves and attention. But I think he loves little Macey the most. I am so glad he has not acted jealous or mean to her at all. If anything, he loves her TOO MUCH!
7. He loves to Go Outside!
All winter long, the poor kid would go get his hat and gloves and say " a go outside? a snowman?" He wakes up in the morning and says "a go outside?" I say, no, it's too cold, maybe later. Then later, we usually go outside - which tragically ends by me dragging him home crying or chasing him down the road. Then later, he says "a go outside?" I say, "No, mommies making dinner". Then he asks again at bedtime "a go outside?" I say "Maybe tomorrow." Then he sometimes cries. Poor kid! (We need a new tramp just for him, ours got blown over and bent by the wind. Then he can just go play out back.)
8. He Loves to Help with Chores.
He is obsessed with my vacuum. He won't keep his hands off the thing. He also loves the broom and any cleaner he can spray. I usually give him a rag & spray bottle of water and let him clean whatever he wants. His favorite thing is to throw clothes down the laundry chute. But he tends to get carried away and throws clean, folded clothes down too. Arrrggg.
9. I Love His Little Body!
And apparently, so does he. He is not shy and often strips down to his bare nothin's. I have found him naked and asleep in his room SO many times. A recent purchase of 3T onsies has solved this problem along with the Al Bundy, hand in the diaper problem. Thank you Gerber!
He has buff quads from his crib jumping days and cut calves from 2 yrs of walking on this toes. He also has the shoulders of a baby body builder and the classic Rockwood boy bubble-butt. (My pediatrician evens gets a kick out of his physique.) And his feet! Oh, if you haven't seen his feet, you are missing out on a good laugh. Just picture Fred Flinstone with webbed toes. (Buying shoes that fit has been a challenge.) Yes, he should be a swimmer. He is a strong kid too. You don't want to get in a tug-of-war with him - trust me. I'll try to post a picture of the feet.
10. He Still Naps.
I am sure he is exhausted after all the energy he burns from the hours of 8 and 1. (I know I am!) He can barely stay awake if you can get him to hold still for 5 minutes. Of course this is the tricky part - getting him to hold still. Otherwise, he is like the energizer bunny and will keep going and going and going. This is a great time for me to recharge and enjoy this sweet boy the rest of the day!
What a precious little boy! I love that Ryder-boy! Thanks Jess for helping me take a minute to treasure him and think about all the great, fun qualities he has. Before I know it he will be off on a mission, and I'll be sobbing like a baby!
So... Cole, Gracen and Austin, YOU'RE IT!

4 comments:

Jessica & K.C. said...

What a sweet boy! I must say 2 more things...I love the way he rides his scooter...He looks like he is at least 4 years old on that thing! Secondly, I have never seen a BABY who could actually jump OFF THE FLOOR! I just loved coming over and watching it...Sweet, sweet Ryder! We love you!

Sarah said...

It was so fun to learn about Ryder! What a sweet,fun little guy!!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

My Sam (#3) is only 21 months and he has A LOT of the same traits as Ryder. Those crazy third children!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

It was fun to hear about Ryder and what a fun boy he is. O.K., I guess it's Cole's turn. Still catching up with life after the trip. Give me a few days, and I'll post about my Cole.

Halloween 2008