Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bah Humbug???

Why the days go by so fast, I have no idea! It feels like a blur since I last posted.
I can hardly believe it is December 17th. I should be folding laundry or putting together teacher gifts for tomorrow, but instead I am forcing myself to "blog".

I got a NEW & matching washer and dryer! YAY! Happy day. I love my LG - did you know they 'sing' to you when your laundry is finished? It actually makes me feel like I have done something noteworthy today! So, when all else fails, my washer & dryer give me praise almost daily. Hey, I'll take it.

We went to St. George to enjoy Thanksgiving with Carter's family. It was a lot of fun. The weather was so warm and enjoyable, we loved it. The kids got to play with cousins they rarely see, granny's infinite Santa collection and our good friends, the Bandley's who were down there too.

Due to our vacationing, we totally missed the prime opportunity to put up our Christmas decorations. Needless to say, it is Dec. 17 and they still aren't up - but a lighted tree without decorations and a wall bucket on the door. Thank you for the Christmas cards we have received because that is the about the only thing Christmassy around this place. By now it seems hardly worth it to get it all out just to clean it up in 2 weeks. Now that my Relief Society lesson is over, I think I'll tackle decorating the mantle this week and that is about it. (I still have all my shopping to do so I gotta prioritize.)

We have been asking our kids what they want for Christmas and this is what I get...
London: a U of U helmet autographed by the entire team. (Just a small request - right?)
I found one on Ebay - starting bid $399.00, I don't think so.
Bode: Batman Lego for the PS2. Ok, that's easy.
Ryder: "Nuffin". Over and over I ask him what he wants and he consistenly says "Nuffin". So I guess the kid is content with his current lot of toys, and I think I am too. I'm thinking I could hit the dollar store for him and $10 later... we are both happy.

So this Christmas I am not exactly "Bah-Humbug", I prefer the term: "Keeping it Simple". Life will go on if I don't decorate my tree, give the best neighbor gifts on the block or have garland framing my door. And in 2 weeks no one will even remember, except me, when I don't have a mess of Christmas to put away.

We are humbled as we reflect on this past year and how blessed we are.
We are so grateful for the abundant blessings the Lord has given to us, most of all, our children and our family. This year, we are trying to remember that Christmas
is more than just gifts and Christmas trees.
It is about recognizing Christ, cherishing family and
sharing our love and memories together.
We enjoy sharing ours with you…
Thank you for your friendship & for visiting our family blog!
(Don't forget to email me your blog if you have one that is not on my friend list.)

Merry Christmas to all and to all... a good night!

1 comments:

Amber said...

I really enjoyed this post. Thank you for your words. We enjoyed the card we received. Cute pictures...you have a good looking family! :)

Halloween 2008